On this episode of the Epoch Podcast we discuss spirituality in a digital age. How is it changing and what does that mean for religion as we’ve known it?
Topics we get into:
- Some statistics of the church and the world population in general
- The coming technological world advancements
- Religion vs spirituality and how it’s changing
- Atheism, faith, and morality and how they all fit together
- The problem of labeling and boxes
- Exponential results of access to greater information
- Taking personal responsibility in our spiritual journeys and the changes that have made that possible and necessary
- The awakening of love rejecting a culture of fear
- Where organized religion is going
- Past ages vs the new age
- The need to answer how long-held interpretations of the Bible appear to fit or go against where spirituality is going
- Is it right or wrong to be evangelical?
- Is “being one” hippie-dippy BS?
- Quantum physics – science merging with spirituality
- The ingredients to finding truth
- The difference between God changing and us evolving in understanding
Our Posts for This Episode
Austin | 3 Reasons the Internet is Killing Your Religion and You Don’t Even Know It
Jen | Balance, Oneness, and Perfection – a Christian’s Modern Guide to Spirituality
Tico & Tina | Why God’s Body is Acting Like a 90-Year-Old (and not the biblical 90 – the kind who had all the bad health habits)
Matt | Decentralizing Church in the Digital Age: A Behind-the-Scenes Look
Kat | Spirituality in the Digital Age: Religion a la Carte